Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) - Susan Ee I was first introduced to this book via an author chat, and thought it sounded intriguing (and I love the cover!). I put it on my "to-order-soon" list, but was lucky to win a copy. After reading it, I've put this series on my "MUST GET" list!

The blurb explains about the story, but doesn't touch on the fascinating characters, interesting twist on angels and vivid pictures and images that stick with you even after reading it.

Penryn is a very strong teen who has been taking care of her family of three for quite some time. Her mother, while loving her children, is basically insane, which is part of why Penryn has to be strong. The family members have a complex relationship that is very intriguing.

Even more intriguing are the angels. Why have they done what they did? Who exactly is Raffe? Will some sort of balance be restored? I'm eagerly awaiting the next book (tentatively scheduled for next summer) so I can get the answers to some of those questions, and many others.

Though there are many further things I want to know, this story did come to a satisfying end.