Savannah Grey - Cliff McNish What an interesting premise for a story. Savannah Grey is 15 and has an odd throat. How odd quickly comes to light, and as she learns and intuits more about her unusual physiology, we also learn more about the monster nature evolved her to fight against. The final confrontation is actually rather long, and surprisingly fast-paced with numerous twists. It held my interest and I was eager to see how it would end.

However, the story did occasionally jar me out of Savannah's world due to a couple of things. The biggest was the speed at which Savannah and Reece's relationship/connection developed. It didn't quite ring true with me. Another was Savannah's strength of attachment to her friend Nina. It was emphasized that Savannah is a loner who even changed foster families fairly frequently out of her need to move/not form attachments. Yet the ending would not have been possible without her strong desire for attachment. So, this part of it left me a bit unsatisfied.

Am I glad I had the opportunity to read this? Yes. Will I read it again? Probably not, but it's not a story I'll forget immediately. I'll probably enjoy thinking about the ideas and implications of the semi-sentinent nature that Mr. McNish created. I will also keep an eye out for more of his books as I really enjoyed the uniqueness of this story.

Thank you Lerner Publishing Group and NetGalley for providing this ARC for review.